Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I am a man





No, not "the man", I am a man. Yes women can do what I did, but it just isn't as satisfying saying, " I am an adult ", plus, I kinda said that last post. This is a bit of a grab-bag of info, but hey, this is my life, my triumphs, and my folly.
I have infinite things to learn in my short time here with and without you all. What you should know is that I washed my hands.
Emily and I are a potent combo, that is true with our hair as well. (fig 1) It formed a mass in our pipes, effectively stopping the pipes from doing their job. After removing the bottom U piece, I found that weird form hanging, visually, quite akin to the product of a colon cleanse. When I attempted to disconnect this beast from it's birth canal, it refused. I tugged and tugged. Matson hair may be fine, but in mass and fortified with soap and Clarke beard trimmings, it is strong. After ripping out the little gremlin, I noticed that I still couldn't see through the drainpipe. A clog still persisted. Mind you, this clog couldn't reach into the wall like the other one, but it had it's own prowess. Short hairs, soap, and something else (maybe?) formed a mass that felt (yes, I pulled it out with my fingers) like grainy, clay-ish jello. (fig 2)
I made some broccoli soup then during cleanup, the bag that I had filled some how tipped over. Oh the mysteries of gravity. Yes, it sounded pretty gross as it plopped onto our floor. (fig 3)
Also, I took some pics two weekends ago and have included a video of me iceboating to show you what it looks like. Sorry it isn't longer but my hands were losing function. (fig 4 and 5) please note the bending mast; that is normal. Actually, it should be bending more, but I had to chill out to sail and video at the same time. Its so cool.
If you haven't checked in in a while, there are other posts. look for the "older posts" button.
my best to you all,
g.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a similar experiance at Indian street... Imagine the damage 5 girls can do to a drIn pipe. Mind you the sink creature I uncovered lived in the kitchen. Yes the kitchen. I've still not compleatly recovered from that trauma...

Emily Matson said...

oh edna, thank you.
you understand what I've been through and you took the time to post a comment. Suddenly it's not so lonely out here.

Unknown said...

i was laughing so hard i threw up a little