Saturday, January 2, 2010

better late than never

yes yes yes, we moved away from you.
Sorry.
thanks for coming to visit em and I at our new web abode (a term that will soon be shortened to babode and used extensively).
There have been many reasons to write since leaving washington. I have been breaking personal records left, right, front and back since this whole shebang began. (shebang began in sheboygann?, whoa, my bad pun/ word play habit can really take a new turn now that you guys have to read the words instead of hearing them. I might have to watch myself a bit.) I now have made it as far east as chicago, for example. Before this trip, my most easterly travels took me to boseman montana where i had the chance to visit with my old pals travis and tommy. Also it was the first time shooting a shotgun. i do still want to watch the sun rise over the atlantic, but I will have to wait.
Ah, goals. dangle you carrots. someday I shall chomp on thee.
This is gonna be/ has been disorganized. there will be little structure to the paragraphs today. I will say that em and I are happy to be here, we had quite a good time coming out here, and building our nest in this birdhouse. I'm sure that later Em or I will fill you in about details of our triumphs, trials, and tuesdays, but for now, you will just have to accept the story that we are in madison wisconsin, a place few wish to visit, and not in south east asia again with a booming tourism business where em and I take people out to warm summery beaches, hot, humid forests, and beautiful caves then hop on mopeds back to our bamboo huts and cook amazing food for our guests. seriously?, did I just write that?
here's why I wrote that and why I'm writing today:

madison's weather report
high of 6
low of -3

our freezer is set to about 30. usually that means that it works its little tukus off to COOL the enclosed food, ice cubes and booze. Now it might as well be a microwave, heating up our food to a piping hot 30. yeah...so Em and I have discussed this with each other and with other folks as well, and it really is a "warm" day out here when the mercury stays above 20, but today counts as cold. Maybe we haven't acclimated yet and next year we'll be frolicking in our swimsuits with ice cubes tied to our arms and legs like wintery leaches, but so far we haven't done that. No complaints. We can still get plenty of vitamin D while we are getting freezer burn salting the driveway and sidewalk. does freezer burn look like sun tan? maybe i should lay out today in the back yard for a bit and find out...

Hey, could you pass the icicle scented freezer burn lotion, I don't wanna get too crispy.



hope this finds you all well.

Gavin

4 comments:

Unknown said...

my day has been made! finaly- some ramblings by Gavin P. Clarke!

Cassie said...

miss your faces. what's the story behind the photo of the two of you at the top of this page??

shannon said...

john and i laughed our way through this...and then i was wondering...why aren't you ice boating? sounds like the perfect temp. to be ice boating and working on your snow tan....kill two birds with one ice cube, yeah?

love and sunshine,
shannon

Mike Matson said...

What's up with the rat photo? Thanks for the post!